Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm a liar.

So I lied to everyone - we did NOT get the table & chairs. I guess the lady's husband already promised it to a co-worker and didn't tell her about it. I was pretty bummed - so now we're back to looking for something cheap again! It wouldn't be that big of a deal if DCFS wasn't all over me about the table/chairs we have now possibly hurting a daycare kid. DCFS....don't even get me started on them......

Oh and I also lied about going to the tractor pulls! They canceled them due to poor track conditions so that was another bummer!

Looks like we've got some HOT weather coming over the next week! I've been trying to get my daycare kids outside in the a.m. when it's still decent, but the past couple of times the kids have been complaining of the heat and asking to go back inside where it's cool.

Here's a chicken tip: I have a lot of recipes that call for chicken that's already been cooked and shredded. Usually I pull out the George Foreman Grill and cook them in there and shred them up, but I read in one of my daycare newsletters to cook a couple of whole chickens and have that on hand. So I bought a couple and after throwing up in my mouth while taking the nasty stuff out of the inside of it (neck bone and giblets), I put them in the crockpot with a cup or so of water and let them cook all day. By the evening, I could hardly get the chicken out of the crockpot because it was just falling off the bone! I picked it all apart and put it in freezer bags in 2 cup portions so now when I need already cooked chicken, I can just pull a bag out of the freezer! One chicken gave me about 6 cups when shredded.

No comments: