Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lexi's Home!

We got Lexi home last Saturday afternoon! She was happy to come home and we were happy to have her back home - it's strange not having her around for such a long time. Travis and I don't think we'll be sending her back to camp next year and after hearing her stories, Kiegan no longer wants to go! (In fact, the first words out of Lexi's mouth were "I don't want Kiegan going to this camp.") I think she enjoyed the activities that they had going on - she said they went trail riding on the horses, had an all day hike where they saw all sorts of cool things, learned how to shoot guns and more.....BUT the other girls at the camp sounded awful. I realize that there are girls like this at every camp, but I was honestly expecting a higher caliber of young ladies to be attending a church camp (especially with as expensive as it was). Lexi said there was stealing, bullying, yelling, fighting and she also came home knowing more about a certain ADULT topic than I care for her to know about which I have a serious problem with. My understanding was that there would be a camp counselor sleeping in each cabin with the girls, but apparently they all slept in a seperate cabin. I'm hoping they send home a survey or something for me to fill out, but I've already decided that if they don't then I will be sending them my thoughts anyway! It was hard to hear her talk about how she would cry a lot at night because she wanted to come home. SOOOO we learned our lesson, but now she's back home. :o)

No comments: