Monday, August 4, 2008

Reunion....or was it?

So Saturday night was Travis' 10-year class reunion. Dinner started at 7:00 at Baby Bulls - the two of us are big fans of Baby Bull's food (especially the Gyros), but this food was NOT GOOD. Neither of us could even finish what was on our plates - I think the roll with butter was the best part of the whole meal! It was also sad Travis' class was one of the bigger classes and only about 50 people showed up and half of those were guests! After dinner some of us went to Bob & Ringo's for a couple of drinks (my water was AWESOME!) - there were a few more of his classmates there that didn't attend the dinner. Then we went to the Corner Junction for the remainder of the night. It was really pretty sad the number of kids in his class that are still into drugs and partying all the time. I mean we like to hang out at the bar with our friends every now and then, but there's a time when everybody needs to grow up, right?? Plus it really isn't much fun to be the sober one at a bar full of loud, drunk, obnoxious people. I'm surprised I still have my hearing after being surrounded by people that felt the need to yell louder than the person next to them!

Yesterday we were able to get Carol & Ike's bedroom furniture - I've never owned such nice stuff! In fact, I've never slept on a bed that had a headboard and footboard - I'm use to just plain ol' mattresses. It feels like we have a whole new bedroom - I just love it!

Well, Monday is done and over with. I've been getting a lot of emails off of my website lately for people looking for daycare which is good for me, but I don't have the room to take on anymore kids right now. Don't get me wrong - it's nice to be full, but I do wish that I had a part-time or full-time assistant to help me and then I'd be able to help more parents out. I'm hoping to be able to work with the high school co-op program - I figure it'll help the girls that are taking the daycare class because they'll be able to get the experience and it'll benefit me because I'll have their help! So we'll see what comes of that!

Ok - Travis & Kiegan just got home from checking the roads to see if they need chipped; so I better head out there and see if we're gonna start on corn tonight. Later! :o)

No comments: