Tuesday, July 8, 2008

So it's been awhile....

Ok - so I've failed miserably on keeping our blog up to date. It seems as though my daycare kids go home, I make dinner, we eat and then I go to bed. Tired, tired ALL the time!

We survived our vacation to the indoor water park in Indianapolis. In fact, I think the kids have found themselves a new home! All of them at one point or another said that they wanted to live there. :o)

We started our Saturday morning with the breakfast buffet at the hotel we were staying in. All of the kids could eat free so we figured it wouldn't be that expensive for us 5 adults to eat - boy were we wrong!! The bill was around $90!! The buffet itself was ok - I mean it had a good variety of food, but it was certainly not worth $90. And of course this whole weekend was my mother-in-laws treat so she wouldn't let anybody give her money to help cover the cost of anything.

After breakfast we headed to Castleton Mall where Libby Lu's and RIDEMAKERZ were located. The girls took off for Libby Lu's where they could change into dress up clothes, get their hair done in whatever style they chose, get their nails painted, get their makeup done, etc. Afterwards, they were asked if they wanted to put on a little show which they all agreed to until they learned that they had to do it in the middle of the mall! Then they quickly changed their minds (I would have to).

The boys were taken to RIDEMAKERZ where they could design and build their own remote control cars. This place was AWESOME! They could customize everything from the body of the car to the decals to the tires to the rims. They had an awesome time! Tyler, my sister-in-law Tracy's youngest, was so attached to his car that he didn't let anybody else carry the box it was in even though the box was almost bigger than he was!

So the bummer thing about the girls getting their hair and makeup done that morning was that afterwards we were heading back to the hotel to hit the indoor water park. Bye bye hair and makeup!! But obviously none of them were too upset about it. The indoor water park was a BLAST and believe it or not I actually put on a swimsuit and went swimming too! I loved the lazy river of course and I even hit the water slides with Lexi & Kiegan. Two of the slides you have to ride down on your back - one was faster than the other and Tracy & I didn't care for either one. We both felt as though we were going to have panic attacks! They are completely enclosed so you have no idea which way you're gonna turn or when it's gonna end and it's so hot and humid that it's impossible to breathe. BUT the 3rd slide is one that you can ride a tube down and you can even ride a double tube down with someone else so the kids and I hit that one quite a bit!!

We got home Sunday at a fairly decent time and all in one piece, except for the van! It ended up getting a flat tire, but we didn't really notice it until we were already home. :o) So all-in-all it was a great trip and everyone had an awesome time! If my computer loaded pictures properly, I'd put some on here, but guess what....it doesn't! Sorry!

1 comment: