Tuesday, July 29, 2008

New craving!

Some of you may know that I am in love with The Food Network - there are very few shows on there that I don't like to watch. I do have my favorites and Paula Dean is definitely one of them - there's nothing better than good southern cooking. Sure it's not the healthiest, but that's what makes it so good! Anyway, the other night she made a Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich - I was craving it immediately! She puts honey and cinnamon in with the peanut butter and then dips the sandwiches in cinnamon & sugar after they're fried. Of course we were out of bananas so I picked some up the next time we were at the store and fried up a couple of sandwiches for me & Kiegan. His first reaction was "Yuck!" until he tried a bite - we are both addicted! I want to eat one for every single meal and between every single meal! Here's a link to the recipe in case any of you want to be brave enough to try one - the recipe makes 4 sandwiches:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/paulas-fried-peanut-butter-and-banana-sandwich-recipe/index.html

No other news this week - I've been sleeping in Lexi's bed while she's at her dad's because SOMEBODY is having some serious snoring issues this week. I never knew how uncomfortable her bed was!

We also broke down and bought a dining room table and chairs - it's from back in the "olden" days (the chairs are all slingback chairs), but it was only $50 and should do the job until we can afford to buy something nicer. Plus it seats six which is what we need! The table and chairs we have now are just falling apart everywhere and I don't think there's much more Travis can do to keep it all together - Gorilla Glue and nails can only do so much.

I think we're going to the tractor pulls at the McLean County Fair tomorrow night. It's dollar day so Travis thinks you get in for $1 and everything costs $1. Cheap night of entertainment other than the gas it'll take to get there! Travis was wanting to see the demolition derby, but it's Saturday night at 7:00 which is when the dinner starts for his 10-year class reunion (he's getting so old!). I'm sure I'll be the DD that evening. :o)

All for now!

3 comments:

Laura Roethle said...

That recipe looks wonderful! I like to eat sandwiches with peanut butter, honey and banana's on toast. This looks similr only better (and more unhealthy)!!

Joanne said...

Sounds like something your father-in-law would like. I might try it, but it I don't, sounds like a good thing to take to the field. What do you think?

Miranda Lee Kemp said...

That sandwich sounds GROSS! :0

:)