Tuesday, December 9, 2008

OB visit again!

This baby is really something else! Yesterday morning, I woke up feeling just fine and decided to start baking some Christmas cookies. Lexi & Kiegan were home because it was a Holy Day of Obligation so they did not have school and Lexi was helping me start on some Scotch-a-roos. I kept having to stop and rest up against the kitchen counter because I was feeling really light-headed. Finally, I told her that I needed to just sit down and rest for a little bit. The kids went upstairs to play and I kept feeling worse and worse. It felt like there were a ton of bricks sitting on my chest - I had to work to stay calm and take good, deep breaths. My vision was also going all blurry and I felt like I was going to pass out from light-headedness. I stumbled into the bathroom and just sat on the edge of the tub because I didn't know if I was going to throw up or what. I had brought my phone with me and finally decided I needed to call Travis - I could hardly hold the phone up to my ear and could barely get any words out when he answered, but I was able to say "I need help." and that was about it. By the time he got to the house (Which by the way, he drove past an accident that involved his dad - all is well though - his dad is sore, but his car is totaled!), I was starting to feel a bit better, but told him that I still needed to go to the hospital. When we got there, they hooked me up to the usual monitors and the baby's heartbeat was fine and I wasn't having any contractions. The doctor thinks that the baby must have rolled over onto a nerve and messed with blood flow/circulation. He went ahead and checked me and said that I was 70% thinned out and dilated to a 2 so things are progressing! They also checked my urine and once again I was dehydrated, but they didn't give me an IV (thank gosh!). I also had some protein in my urine which can be a sign of pre-eclampsia and the only "cure" for that is delivery of the baby. So I'm also collecting my urine for 24 hours in this awesome red container that looks like a little gas can. The kids are just totally grossed out by it - especially about the fact that I have to keep it in the fridge! So I drop that off anytime after 1:00 today for them to test and see how much protein builds up over 24 hours or something like that, but I don't have the bad headaches or severe swelling that usually goes along with pre-eclampsia so hopefully things are fine. BUT the baby is considered full-term now so if we do have to deliver him/her, things will be just fine.

I was back home by 1:00 or so and Travis told me to get hopping on the Christmas cookies because he already told the guys at work he was bringing some in. So I made sure to get them done!! :o) Thankfully, I picked all easy ones to do! We also had the County's Christmas dinner in Odell - it had been rescheduled from last Monday. So that got me out of having to cook dinner!

We have our next appt. tomorrow afternoon so we'll see if anymore progress has been made since yesterday! I'll also update the blog as soon as I get the results of my 24-hour urine collection. Fun, fun!! :o)

No comments: