Monday, December 29, 2008

Latest update...

Well, it looks like January 5th will be THE day unless something happens between now and then! The doctor's office was able to get me in at 9:30 this morning. Actually, it was more like 10:30 - Dr. Nyi had to go do an emergency c-section! So in the meantime, I went over to our family doctor to see if I could get something stronger for this horrible cough of mine. And guess what I have?? Bronchitis!! Isn't that awesome?! So I'm on 10 days of Penicilin (yes, it's safe for the baby) which I honestly wanted to hug the nurse practicioner when I left the office because I was so happy to have drugs. I've had this cold since Thanksgiving and it's become worse over the last week or so. Then when I got back to the OB's office (the two offices are just down the hall from each other) they were ready for me! Dr. Nyi tried to find every reason he could to suggest inducing me this week, but my blood pressure is fine, I'm not leaking fluid (well, I still leak pee), I'm not dilated past a 3, I'm not 100% thinned, the baby's heartbeat is perfect so we just wait. I go back Wednesday morning for another ultrasound just to make sure the level of fluid that the baby is living in is still ok and to check for some other stuff - just normal procedure for when you go past your due date. So it's still a waiting game!!

3 comments:

The Meier Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Meier Family said...

I had to delete my 1st comment because I refered to the baby as its sex, and realized not everyone wanted to know so I deleted it. Anyway, January 5th what a bummer, here you were all ready to go and now you have to just wait, UGH. At least the baby's b-day will be a little farther away from Xmas, so that is a plus!

Miranda Lee Kemp said...

You should post an updated baby photo before the big day! :)