Saturday, December 27, 2008

Change in baby plans :o(

Well, to start things off we ended up in OB again Friday night. I was having contractions 3-4 minutes apart so they monitored me for 3+ hours, but no more progress was being made. I was still dilated at a 3 and wasn't thinning anymore - the doctor said we could stay longer and see what the night brought or we could go home. We decided to head on home where it was more comfortable. Today was just more of the same - I did have a couple of contractions this morning that stopped me in my tracks, but that was it. I did have a lot of energy though I think because of the excitement of what was going to happen tomorrow! I mopped the floors, caught up on laundry (and even put it away which is the WORST part of laundry!) and cleaned the bathroom. The rest of the day we spent just relaxing and watching movies (If you haven't seen Stepbrothers yet - it is a MUST! We've watched it MANY times now and we laugh harder every time!). For supper, we ordered out and Travis even brought home a Pepsi for me - that was the bestest!! We decided to go ahead and go to Travis' cousin's wedding reception for a bit, but we didn't plan to stay for long since we needed to be up at 4:00am to get ready to head to the hospital. BUT I ended up getting a phone call from the OB department letting me know that we will NOT be induced tomorrow. WHAT?! I was caught off guard by the call so I didn't even think to ask why. Very disappointing though....but what good does being upset do? A great friend of mine that happens to be a nurse at the hospital looked into things for us and come to find out the hospital does not schedule inductions on weekends because they do not keep surgery "in house" (in case I were to need a c-section) and that our doctor absolutely should have known this before scheduling us for Sunday. UGH!! So I am just to call first thing Monday morning to schedule my next weekly appointment. Maybe things will just happen on their own - you never know! I'll keep everyone updated as best I can!

2 comments:

Miranda Lee Kemp said...

BUMMER! I was hoping for a big announcement from yesterday! :)

By the way... Step Brothers is one of the worst movies that I have ever seen in my entire life.

The Meier Family said...

Does this mean you will probably have Dr. Nye?