Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Baby news - the end is near!!

We had our weekly appointment this morning and it started off a bit frustrating. We didn't have the nurse that we usually have and that makes things frustrating because this nurse didn't know anything about us or where we were at with things. She told us that the doctor probably won't be checking me today which we both looked at each other like "What?!" We had to convince her to check us last week and were told that she normally doesn't start checking until 39 weeks which is how far along I am now. So when Dr. Ingram came in the room and saw that I still had my clothes on, she didn't look too happy. So she handed me my lovely little paper skirt and stepped out of the room so I could change. When she came back, she listened to the heartbeat which was in the 140's - where it should be and when she checked me, I was dilated to a 3! So she said we had two options: we could either plan to come in on Sunday to be induced or wait and see what next week brings. The only problem with waiting to see what next week brings is that our doctor is on vacation and is not on call at all so we would have Dr. Nye who we are not comfortable with. PLUS Travis is so worried that with this lovely weather we're having that something will happen and he'll be at the far end of the county with no cell phone service and I won't be able to get a hold of him. So we have decided to go in on Sunday morning to be induced! We are to arrive at 5am, but call first around 4am to make sure they have an available room (just in case other expectant moms went into labor over the weekend and hogged all of the rooms). If by chance they don't have a room for me then we will have to go with plan #2 and wait to see what next week brings. It's getting exciting!!!

In other news - our weekend was ok despite the nasty weather. Travis is getting a lot of OT in and was told to plan on working Christmas Day thanks to what it looks like we've got coming our way. Saturday night we were suppose to go to a wedding/reception, but I wasn't feeling the best so we ended up getting some movies to watch (all of our little people were at grandparents houses for the night). BUT power lines were falling all over the county thanks to the heavy ice that was on them and the MAJOR wind we were having; so Travis got called out to close a bunch of roads. I ended up going with him and we didn't get back home until 2am - talk about a long night! We thought maybe the bumpy ride in the truck would get something started, but it didn't. We had a couple of Christmas' back-to-back on Sunday afternoon at my in-laws house which is thankfully only about 1/4 mile down the road, but the wind was so terrible that I was a nervous wreck walking outside on the super icy ground! Not to mention that we didn't have power so none of us were able to take showers - that's always fun to be the stinky ones at a family gathering. :o) It all worked out though and everyone received awesome gifts (I got a Wii Fit so I will be one skinny mama after the baby is born!). Our power came back on finally last night, but now today it keeps going off and on (it just now shut off and came back on). So I've been trying to make a quick lunch for the kids while it's on and get stuff done - makes for a long day when there's no power!!

Keep watching for updates - there's still a chance that the baby could decide to arrive before Sunday!!

1 comment:

Miranda Lee Kemp said...

Merry Christmas Eve! I think your baby IS going to come on the 27th. HAPPY BIRTHDAY again... sorry I missed it. :(