Thursday, December 4, 2008

Doctor's Appointment/Sonogram

Yes, it is 4:00 in the morning and I am awake. I decided that I was tired of tossing & turning and listening to snoring - so what else is there to do but update our blog! :o) I actually broke down and bought Travis this mouth piece thingy to wear at night and it actually seemed to do the trick the first night he wore it and I was so relieved, but now it keeps falling out of his mouth while he's sleeping so we'll see.

My cold is getting much, much better finally! I think I only had to take 1 cough drop throughout the night last night compared to taking like 20 of them. It's also nice to not be coughing my head off all night long. I ended up canceling our hair appts. that Lexi & I had Tuesday night b/c I wasn't feeling well and plus we need to save the money. Monday was suppose to be the Christmas dinner in Odell for Travis' work, but it was canceled b/c of the snow. Not sure if it will be rescheduled? Travis has been working a ton of hours plowing since Sunday morning which stinks for him, but the over-time is much needed right now! So this week hasn't been quite as busy as I was expecting it to be.

We did have our sonogram and doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon! The sonogram went well - we got to see that the baby has hair and VERY chubby cheeks. He/she was sleeping the whole time so that made the technician's job much easier. According to the measurements, the baby only weighs around 6 1/2 pounds which is a far cry from the almost 12 pounds we were told it could be! They say the baby gains about 1/2 a week from here on out so if I make it to my due date then the baby could gain another 2 pounds or so putting him/her around 8 1/2 pounds total (I knew those of you that were voting for 7 pounds or less were CRAZY! Unless you all were just wishful thinking on my behalf that I would deliver a smaller baby. :o) ) They also moved my due date up to Christmas Day - Merry Christmas! Immediately after the sonogram was my appointment with the doctor. When I got up to the waiting room, there was this old lady with a huge fancy fur coat on all slumped over in one of the chairs and I mean completely slumped over - her face was buried down in her coat and she was slumped over so far that her forehead was practically touching her knees. It had me worried about whether or not she was still alive, but then I heard her snore. I guess she was just really tired of waiting?! Anyway, I've gained about 1/2 pound since my last appointment, the heartbeat was nice and strong and she figures I'm dilated to about a 1. We go back next Wednesday at 4:15 - weekly appointments now! It's getting even more exciting now that we're this close to the end!!

2 comments:

Miranda Lee Kemp said...

Sometimes when I read your blogs I am in tears from laughing! :)

Leann said...

It's getting time for the timer to go off! Good luck, I hope things go smoothly!