Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Stomach flu.....blek!

Our house was hit by the stomach flu!! Somehow I'm the only one that's managed to avoid it. The Jr. High called me Friday morning b/c Lexi had vomited at school. Of course it's never easy for me to figure out how to get the kids home b/c I obviously can't leave, but thankfully Grandpa Marvin was willing to pick her up and bring her home for me. She got sick off & on all day Friday, but then woke up Saturday morning back to normal!

Kiegan spent the night at my mom's Friday night and bright & early Saturday morning we dropped Lexi & Maddie off at my mom's so we could heat to the boat in Peoria with Trevor, Nicole, G&G Wunderlin and Joanne. When we got to the boat, us young folks had to have our licenses scanned and wouldn't you know - Travis' was expired! Just our luck and we probably should have taken that as a sign. Travis & Trevor headed to the driver's license place in Pekin to fix the situation and Nicole & I headed onto the boat. Neither of us were having much luck at all. Eventually the boys were back and of course there was a different guy working the front of the boat who let Travis on without even asking to see his driver's license - ugh! Oh well, at least it's renewed and he's driving legally now. The gambling went on and I think Grandpa Marvin was the only winner of the day. Afterwards, we went to the Burger Barge to eat and oh it was SO GOOD! They have so much to choose from on the menu that it's hard to decide on one thing. I ended up getting their Tavern Burger that had bacon, cheese, sauteed onions and a fried egg on it. It sounds weird I know, but it was the BEST burger I've ever had! Plus I had cheese fries and deep-fried pickles. I was stuffed when I was done!! I also ended up falling asleep on the ride home....the rest of Saturday night was a lazy one.

I made my weekly trip to Walmart with Maddie on Sunday morning. It's always so funny when she's at Walmart with me b/c she gets so much attention - she can't help being so cute though! I was picking up gifts for a birthday party we had that afternoon when Maddie set her eyes on this super-soft pillow pet thingy. So I gave it to her and she just kept hugging and hugging it and saying "Ahhhh" so I took a picture of her doing that with my cell phone and sent it to Travis with the caption of "PLEASE Daddy??" His response? "Anything for you Peanut!" So I may have to try that next time I want something!! LOL

We went down the road for the Masching twin's birthday party - can't believe they're 2 already! Everything was going well until all of a sudden Maddie vomited all over!! I've never seen men clear a table so quickly.....LOL! Travis & I were both covered in the curdled milk vomit and so was their garage floor so needless to say we cleaned up the best we could and headed back home. She got sick quite a few more times that afternoon and boy is it difficult to get a baby to throw up in a bowl! I ended up just getting one of our great big bathroom towels and catching it in there. Thankfully, after the one big vomit at the party, the rest of them were much smaller. Travis went to a buddy's house to watch the football games and ended up coming home from there vomiting! To top it off, Kiegan woke me up around 4:00 Monday morning b/c he vomited in his garbage can. So needless to say, I closed my daycare for Monday and just like Lexi - everybody was fine by the end of the day. My mom also ended up staying home from work on Monday with the same stuff. Oh and I guess Grandpa Marvin ended up with it on Sunday too! So whatever we have is very contagious, but we seem to bounce back from it quickly which is good!

So we're now all healthy and hopefully we stay that way for awhile. Kiegan is suppose to go to Blm. every night this week for his sessions, but of course we missed last night. My mom (who is feeling better) offered to take him for me tonight b/c I have a hair appt. So we will probably be having a lot of crock-pot suppers this week! I've already got some BBQ chicken thighs going in the crock-pot for tonight.

I'm hoping this daycare week is better than last week. Today's a pretty easy day which is nice - we talked about the colors blue & white. I went outside and scooped some snow into a bowl and let the kids play with it at the table for a bit and then we added some blue food coloring to turn it from a pretty white to a bright blue! Then I taped some blue construction paper to some bigger white paper and the girls cut pictures of things that were blue and/or white out of magazines and glued them on the blue & white paper. I made some blue Jell-o Jigglers first thing this morning so we snacked on those and they will probably want some more for snack this afternoon! I have one little girl here who is SUPER picky and she won't even touch the jigglers so she will probably have marshmallows for snack - at least they're white to go with our blue & white talk for today. :o)

No comments: