Monday, January 18, 2010

A few pictures and a short update....

Maddie's new trick: climbing into the rocking chair all by herself



Almost got it!

Getting turned around...

And then we do this....which Mommy does not like!


"What?!"


Big baby in a little high chair....


She kept trying to squeeze in between the wall and the toy, but would get stuck every time!

I guess being stuck became fun after awhile.....



Artist in the making!



She really gets into her work...



We had spaghetti for supper....I kept trying to catch her smiling, but my phone camera would snap the picture right after she'd stop!


She looks like she's pouting, but every time she'd take a bite she'd say "Num, num, num" while chewing.



Yep - she had some help getting into here....



Enjoying her birthday cupcake!



Good stuff!!



Here we are 18 days into 2010 and one of my New Year's resolutions was to be a better blogger - not looking so hot am I?? I decided that even if they're just short blogs, that'd be better than no blogs!

Maddie is a year old now - so hard to believe! She measured in at 28 1/2 pounds and 32 3/4 inches long. Doc said to start working with her on her basketball skills b/c with the height it looks like she's going to have, she can start working towards a college scholarship. That's what I'm talking about! LOL She walks darn near everywhere now with a few crashes/wipe outs, but they don't seem to upset her too much. What I love the most is how she wants to fall asleep every night in Travis' arms. As soon as she sees him lay down in bed, she's wiggling out of my arms to lay with him and she will be out like a light within minutes! Travis absolutely LOVES it and he'll lay there with her forever before letting me "transfer" her to her crib.

This past weekend we ended up having the boys swap rooms with Lexi - she needs more room than they do! It looks SO great!! The boy's bunkbeds have been slowly falling apart and they finally just gave out so we bought each of them a futon which they think is SO COOL b/c they fold up into couches. It literally took the entire weekend to do this and you wouldn't believe how much garbage we came across in their two rooms! Lexi will see her new room when she comes home today - I'll just have to break the news to her that her sister will also be moving into her room.

We are all doing well so far this year. I feel like my days are so busy that I have very little time to do much else. My daycare is full and I've got families "reserving" me for 2011 already which is very flattering! I've been trying to step things up a bit more than before and would like to get to the point where we have certain themes for each day such as manners day, craft day, music day, etc. We will see! I've also finally starting working on some accreditation which will take some time to get done, but I'm glad to have finally started. I have a 75-hour training starting next week - hopefully I get some good stuff out of it! I love having my daycare and I want it to be more than kids just coming to play all day and they LOVE when we do crafts!

We did learn that Travis' Aunt Jane has breast cancer so please pray for her, her husband and children as they deal with what's to come. It's a very rare form, but they seem to be getting things taken care of as quickly as they can!

In some exciting news - Travis & I can finally announce to everyone that we are going to be an Uncle & Aunt in July! Trevor & Nicole are expecting their first and so far Nicole has been feeling pretty great which I'm so glad for. They don't plan to find out what it is, but I have a hunch that it's a boy. :o)

That's all I've got for today - we're heading to Blm. tonight for Kiegan's session. So far he's just sailing through everything which they said is how it will be until he hits his plateau. I'm still hoping that we will see this program helping him soon!
Till next time...

1 comment:

The Sancken's said...

I think it's a boy too, but that's purely me putting the events together that makes me think this way. Trevor just keeps saying he doesn't care, just so its healthy. I agree with him, I will love whatever the baby is, I just think it will be a boy :)