Friday, May 16, 2008

Surprise!!

Well my friends & family......we're gonna have a baby!!! This was WAY sooner than we had planned, but God must have decided that now is as good of a time as any. :o) We are both VERY excited - Travis was immediately thrilled, but it took me a bit to feel the excitement because I was wanting us to wait for awhile. We had our first doctor's appointment last Friday (5/16) and they figure that I'm about 8 weeks along with a due date of December 27th - Christmas baby!! We'll have our first sonogram next Friday which will help to determine a more accurate due date - exciting stuff!!

To let our mom's know the good news, we had the nurse at the doctor's office run 2 tests for us and we brought them home and wrapped them up as gifts. I think they were both very surprised at first and then excited. My mother-in-law has already bought me a SUPER cute maternity shirt and my mom emailed me last night saying that she has already bought the baby a sleeper! As far as the kids went, the boys didn't have much of a reaction. Kiegan just said that we need to have twins so that he & Patrick don't fight over who's going to hold the baby. :o) But Lexi was so excited that she suddenly became obnoxiously hyper!!!! She's hoping for a girl of course, but I think that's because we won't let her dress up the dog anymore and she's hoping the baby will be the replacement.

That's all for now - I'll post more later!

1 comment:

Miranda Lee Kemp said...

I think you should have a girl, name her Miranda, and have her on the 23rd of December!!! :) haha