Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mother's Day Is Near!

I can't believe that we're into May and I had to wake up this morning and turn the furnace back on! Our house was down to 50-degrees and I can't have it that cold with little ones here. Even Bruiser came out of his kennel this morning only to wrap himself up in a blanket that was on the couch.

Mother's Day is just 3 days away! Travis & I had flowers delivered to our mom's today - we just didn't know what else to give them when they've already got everything! They both loved them of course - they were pink/purple Tulips & Iris'. We were hoping to take the kids camping at Dawson Lake, but this weekend will just be way too busy. My aunt is getting married in Minier Saturday afternoon, we'll be in Towanda for a Mother's Day lunch at another of my aunt's houses and then back to Pontiac to Travis' parents for dinner. Another weekend of getting NOTHING accomplished around the house! Oh well - it'll still be there next weekend. :o)

Lexi wrote me the best Mother's Day poem tonight and of course she had to give it to me right away. Enjoy:

I LOVE THAT LADY by Lexi Rose Ziegler

She is kind
She is all mine
My mom
I love that lady

She is always in a hurry
Being late puts her in a fury
My mom
I love that lady

She makes a lot of money (not sure what makes her think that)
She is very funny
My mom
I love that lady

She never has lice (Shoo! That's a good thing!)
She hates the mice
My mom
I love that lady

She is always rich (surely she's not referring to money)
When I'm hurt she kisses it
My mom
I love that lady

She was a pretty bride
She is always by my side
My mom
I love that lady

She bakes a lot of cakes (I think I've baked maybe 2 cakes?)
I love everything she makes
My mom
I love that lady

It doesn't take her awhile
She is always right in style (sweatpants & t-shirts are always in style, right?)
My mom
I love that lady

She makes me smile
Once in a while (I guess that's better than never!)
My mom
I love that lady

She is so sweet it's true
To me and to you
My mom
I love that lady

:o) Mother's Day can't get any better than that!

Off to bed....I'll have a house full of kids tomorrow; so I need to get my rest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet daughter you have!

Miranda Lee Kemp said...

WOW! She is a talented little girl! I can't believe she wrote that. I am impressed!