Friday, April 23, 2010

Rainy day

We've been so spoiled by these beautiful days this week that the kids are not wanting to accept the fact that we just can't go outside today! I think they've asked me a hundred times and I keep having to show them that it's raining outside. :o( These rainy days must be making us all tired and drained of energy b/c I had three kids fall asleep while eating lunch today! LOL

My mom is coming over to the house as soon as she gets in town so that Lexi & I can zip over to Fairbury for their city-wide garage sales. It's just much easier to do without having to take Maddie in & out of the van - plus the weather would just make it that much more difficult. Lexi & I float so it's ok if we get rained on! I'm determined to be a better garage saler this year b/c what I've learned from the last couple of trainings is that you can really find a lot of great things at garage sales!

While Kiegan was at his appt. last night, Lexi & I ran to Toys R Us to purchase a few items with my grant money, but they also had a lot of other great outdoor toys on clearance that I just couldn't pass up! I did get the toddler-sized school bus with the slide, the sand/water table, and the picnic table that were on my grant list. I also ended up finding a tether ball, teeter totter, tire swing and an extra regular swing all on clearance! I'm sure it will just make Travis' day to see the awesome stack of stuff that he will probably have to help me put together and get set out by the play area. He did agree with me that it'd be a good idea to block off the play area with wood or railroad tie type thingys and then fill with rock pebbles or wood chips so maybe we can get that done ASAP before adding these new items out there. I'm excited for the kids to see them all!!!

Lexi wants to go with me to my all-day training tomorrow. I'm sure she'll regret it, but she's taking the portable DVD player & I may bring my laptop as well for her to do stuff on. It's going to be a loooong day!!

1 comment:

Billie Jo Henson said...

Have you seen that shredded rubber stuff? It looks nice and probably kinder to the falls :)