Thursday, April 22, 2010

Next school year.....

I just received an email from the school that beginning next year, the school day will run from 8:30-2:30. I know I'm not real thrilled with the kids losing an hour of learning. How is it that a child's education is probably one of the most important things in life yet the schools & teachers are not receiving the funds, supplies, etc. needed to do their job??? Makes no sense.... I may be hitting on a sensitive topic here, but how is it that our country can go to so many lengths raising money to help those in OTHER COUNTRIES and giving education to those in OTHER COUNTRIES when our own people/children need the help?? Where's the telethons, benefits, etc. to raise money to give to OUR schools and teachers? I know, I know, unless I plan to take action I should keep my mouth shut but I don't even know where to begin to do such a thing. I'm just sayin'.....

3 comments:

The Sancken's said...

I hear ya sister! Ridiculous that they can't find the funding for schools - that's what brings us our futures. People think we're dumb Americans as it is, start cutting our school time and see how dumb we can really get!!!

dpflager said...

And quit sending people to the moon - why do we need to know what's up there - use some of that money on education!

Billie Jo Henson said...

I agree 100%, and you are doing something actually your teaching kids a whole lot of important things before they go to school :)