Thursday, July 9, 2009

I sorta stink at this blogging thing don't I?

Ok - so life is busy. Maddie & I have the house to ourselves this evening - Travis is with the boys at Joliet Speedway and Lexi & Kiegan are with Grandma Joanne at the play in the park. So the two of us are going WILD!! I'll try to give a quick run-down of what's been going on lately.........

I've got an early birthday/Christmas present coming TOMORROW - a Kindle!! I just don't know if I'm going to be able to sleep tonight b/c I'm so flippin' excited. If you don't know what a Kindle is just go to http://www.amazon.com/ - they have it right there on their home page. Does anybody know how difficult it is to read a book, turn the pages and hold a baby at the same time?? My problem has been solved!!!

I had a surprise yesterday too! Our mattress is sooooo uncomfortable so what comes pulling up to the house yesterday afternoon? The delivery truck from our local furniture store with a new mattress!! (Yes, I have a great hubby) This thing is a monster! I had to take a running start to hop up onto it, but boy is it nice.....

We ordered a new couch about 6 weeks ago that hasn't come in yet. Travis called the furniture store who then called the factory who realized that they forgot to let the furniture store know that they no longer carry the fabric we wanted! So they had fabric that was a shade darker so that's what we're going with now and it should be in by the end of this month.

In AWESOME news - it looks like there is going to be a new Sancken boy in the family! Kiegan will be starting the new school year as Kiegan SANCKEN!!!! We couldn't be happier! The whole process should take about 30-45 days. There is such an obvious relief for Kiegan that this is finally taking place. We have talked to him about how we don't at all expect him to immediately feel comfortable calling Travis "Dad" and that we don't expect him to call him that at all, but the two of us have talked about how we would love to see it in the future. :o)

The kids seem to be enjoying their summer - the boys are both finished with baseball. Kiegan has football camp next week to see if he thinks he might enjoying playing JFL (I'm not holding my breath on that though) and Lexi has softball tryouts towards the end of the month. Maddie was suppose to have her 6-month check-up tomorrow afternoon, but the doctor's mother passed away so it's been rescheduled to NEXT Friday! I'm anxious to see how much MORE she has grown! I have a feeling she's surpassed the weight & height limit on her carseat. She's wearing mostly 12-month clothes and has recently started getting into her 18-month clothes so she's certainly growing!!

Enjoy the pics of Maddie below! Here are a few of Kiegan fishing....




No comments: