Friday, July 24, 2009

Can you believe I'm posting again?! (Grandma Carol will be so proud!!)

It's finally Friday!! I have a full house today, but I swear those days are easier than days that I'm not full for some reason. I met with a friend of mine who is due in November and was hoping beyond hoping that I could take her little one when she went back to work in January. At first I told her that I couldn't, but then she said that her mom was retiring at the end of the year so she would only need me 3 days a week which works perfectly!! I have another infant that comes on Mondays & Wednesdays so her little one will come on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays - works out perfect for the both of us!! I love having a full daycare, but I sure wish I could help out all the families that call/email me (I received yet ANOTHER email today from someone looking for daycare for their newborn). It really motivates me and reminds me that I've got a good thing going here. There are days that I need that reminder! Our little man, Dylan, was here to spend the day with all of us today - he's so popular here with the other kids and I just LOVED having him back even if it was just for the day.

Travis & Kiegan went to the demo derby last night at the 4-H Fair. Sounds like they met up with a lot of friends! It also sounds like there were a lot of "interesting" people there.... Speaking of Kiegan - the adoption is moving along! We received a letter in the mail that we need to take Kiegan to the sheriff's office so that he can be served the papers regarding the adoption. Just one step closer!

Not sure what the weekend holds for us...Travis mentioned camping, but I'm not sure if we'll really go or not. We tend to throw around about 10 different ideas b/c we never know what to do on the weekends we have nothing really going on!

Here are a few pics from today...
I just cleaned her up from lunch...a full tummy makes for a happy baby!
This is Maddie & Alexis - they are 6 weeks apart and I'm sure they'll grow up to be best buds!
Even though Maddie doesn't like pacifiers, she kept taking Alexis' out of her mouth and trying to put it in hers.

No comments: