Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lexi Update

Today has probably been Lexi's roughest day yet. Her temperature still jumps up to 103 when the Tylenol & Motrin wear off plus she has spots absolutely everywhere, including the bottoms of her feet and other not-so-fun areas that are making it difficult for her to walk. I was hoping to get some pictures of her today to post, but the camera is still in Travis' truck from vacation and he's been gone all day in the field. Lexi went to some garage sales with me at 8:00 this morning and just hung out in the van while I walked and looked around. I think she just wanted to get out of the house for a bit, but it wore her out. She laid down on the couch as soon as we got home and dozed off. Then my mom stopped by and Lexi decided she wanted to go to Mamaw's house, but it sounds like she slept most of the time she was there too. She tried to take an oatmeal bath tonight, but I think most of the spots are starting to burst open so the bath did nothing but burn her so that didn't help any! Needless to say there have been lots of tears today. :o( I wish there was one more day to the weekend so she could rest before having a house full of noisy kids.

On a Kiegan note - I decided to try to do Travis' job and give Kiegan a hair cut. I knew that Travis just used his beard trimmer and that he put it on setting #5; so I grab a chair and outside we go. I took a first "cut" at his hair and I practically scalped him!! I called Travis in a panic to make sure that setting #5 was what he used and he said it was, but apparently I forgot to put the attachment onto the end of the trimmer. Crap!! So I had to finish the haircut without the attachment and the poor child is pretty much bald now - great haircut with the cold weather that's suppose to be coming this week, huh? He has swimming in PE this week so I told him he'd be the fastest swimmer because of his bald head. That was my attempt at finding the silver lining in the situation. Dumb mom.

In other news, I'm 27 weeks today. Only 13 more weeks left - hard to believe! We go back to the doctor on the 7th. I've been feeling good - the heartburn is definitely kicking in and my back and pelvis are sore most of the time. Flipping from one side to the other during the night is NOT an easy task anymore. It also doesn't help that I haven't been sleeping very well because Travis' snoring is so horrible. It doesn't matter if he sleeps on his back, stomach or either of his sides - the snoring is there. Plus he's so oblivious to the fact that I'm even in the bed with him that he tries to sleep on the entire bed and I'm left with a sliver of an edge to sleep on. So the past two nights I've ended up sleeping on the couch which is not at all comfortable. I know he feels bad. :o( I certainly don't think I've put on as much weight this time around as I did with Lexi & Kiegan which is nice! I gained 40 pounds with Lexi and 60 pounds with Kiegan. I'm sure it makes a difference that I'm doing daycare now which requires me to be on my feet most of the day compared to back then when I was sitting most of my day away at State Farm.

I hope everyone had a great weekend - I need to plan my menu for this week before going to bed!

No comments: