Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Doctor's Appointment

We had a doctor's appointment this afternoon. I had to arrive 15-20 minutes early for the glucose test which I've never done before. I had to drink this really sweet orange drink within 5 minutes (the lab chick said it's basically liquid sucrose with orange flavoring to make it somewhat tolerable to drink) and then come back an hour later for them to draw my blood. I guess this tells them if I'm at risk for gestational diabetes. During my hour wait I had my regular appointment with Dr. Ingram. I've only gained four pounds since my last appointment and this still only puts me about 7 pounds more than what I weighed before I became pregnant. Everything was fine and I asked Dr. about the pressure I was feeling and about my pubic bone being so sore. She said that that baby must be putting a lot of pressure on my pubic bone and that we'll have to keep an eye on that because we don't want my pubic bone to spread (?) too early. In the meantime, I'm suppose to try to relax with my feet up (she said simply sitting down won't cut it) and I'm to no longer carry my daycare children which could make things interesting. It seems like I've always got one on my hip! So back we go in 4 weeks.....

2 comments:

Leann said...

Hey you! Long time no see! Relax! And put your feet up :D

Miranda Lee Kemp said...

I about peed my pants reading your blog about your vacation! haha You need to sit and put your feet up for sure! Having a sore pubic bone does not sound comfortable at all!!! Is it a "pubic" bone or a "pelvic" bone? :)