Monday, August 3, 2009

August already?!

It's hard to believe that the kids will be starting school in just two short weeks! I think they're both excited to start at their new schools (even though neither of them will admit it). I've been filling Lexi in on some of the clubs that the Jr. High has and she is so pumped about the Art Club! Considering how not-so-well the softball tryouts went, I'm a-thinkin' that clubs may be the way for her to go which is fine by me. I just hope she sees the switch to the Jr. High as a whole new start for her..... Kiegan has decided for sure that he doesn't want to do JFL which is fine with us. We had him try the JFL Camp a few weeks ago just to get an idea of what it would be like and I think he enjoyed, but it's just not for him. I'm glad he tried it though - it was worth the $$ for him to just check things out without signing him up for JFL and then have him decide he didn't like it! Some kids just aren't into sports and I think mine might fit in that group....

I'm enjoying my last couple of easy weeks with the daycare. Once school starts up, I won't have a single slow day till the weekends hit! I'm not complaining though - I just wish I could help every single person that contacted me needing daycare. I got 2 more emails last week and then another one over the weekend. Maybe this is a sign that I need to open my own daycare building in town?? :o)
I have a training this Saturday to go towards my yearly DCFS hours I have to get. Hopefully it'll be interesting - it's only from 9-Noon so at least it won't take up my whole day. Sunday is a Sancken family reunion in town Pontiac. So we have a busy weekend, but not too busy which is nice! Next month Travis, Maddie and I leave for Eldora Speedway in Ohio - it'll be nice to get away for a week or so!
Enjoy some pics of Maddie! Maybe someday I'll take pics of the older 3 - they're just not as exciting! :o)
Playing Nintendo DS already.....
So close to crawling!!
Look at me mom!

1 comment:

The Sancken's said...

Maybe your sister-in-law down the road should just open up a branch of your daycare so you could accomodate more children.....