Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Adoption, Brookfield Zoo, School, The Puneys

I forgot to update everyone on Kiegan's adoption process in my last blog! Things are moving along fairly smoothly. Shannon has signed everything he needs to sign which was probably the biggest hurdle so now we (Travis, Kiegan & I) go to court on September 16th and hopefully that will be the final step!

I also forgot to mention our trip to Brookfield Zoo a couple of weekends ago! We all had such a good time!! It's not always easy taking all 4 of the kids to places, but we had such a great time and were with such good friends. I think the favorite thing to watch was the underwater exhibits - very cool! It was a great way to end the summer....

Last night was open house at Kiegan's school - his classroom is very nice and his teacher seems great! What's even more cool is that we can log on to this particular website to get the kid's grades any time we want to. I love that!! No more trying to keep track on my own how their grades are or waiting until report card time. The Jr. High's open house is tomorrow night....

This week has been a rough one for Lexi! She woke up Monday morning with a fever and it just went downhill from there. I closed the daycare Monday and took her to the doctor - she had a high fever, back pain, ear ache and sore throat. Doc prescribed an antibiotic for her, but as the day went on she got worse and her temp was as high as 104. I called Doc at home and he suggested taking her to the ER. When I got her there, they tested her urine and took some blood. They never really found anything and the cultures they got back on the blood and urine just showed that she was in the early stages of a urinary tract infection. As of today her fever is gone and her only complaint is a sore throat so back to school she goes! Kind of a bummer to miss 3 days on the first full week of school........

Tonight I go sign the kids up for CCD....this is one of those weeks where we have something going on every single night. But the countdown is on for me, Travis & Maddie to leave for Ohio!!
Daddy's Not-So-Little Girl!
Ha ha - how can you NOT smile at this picture?! The cheeks crack me up...

No comments: