Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Weekend update....

Well, our weekend was fairly busy as usual! Friday night was spent freezing corn - that's a fun job! There's just no way to speed up that process. The kids went with my mom to the Relay For Life at the high school to do the Youth Lap and eat dinner there with her. When she brought them back home (and was nice enough to bring us dinner), they BOTH decided that they wanted to spend the entire night there with her. I knew that would be an interesting ordeal; so I slept with my cell phone right next to me in case one of them (Kiegan) wanted to come back home, but I never received a phone call! BUT they were both completely ate up by mosquitos - especially on their faces!

Saturday afternoon was the St. Mary's Golf Outing - we had a really good time! I was worried that it would be rained out since it was raining when we woke up that morning, but it cleared up by the time it started (but we did get poured on at the very last hole). Trevor and Michael partnered with us which I think made it much more fun than it would have if we were partnered with people we didn't know. It's kind of hard to play pranks on strangers, but family is another story (needless to say Travis & I out-pranked the two of them.) We stayed for the dinner afterwards, but not the prizes since we knew none of us were going to win one anyway - plus it was getting late. Travis & I were suppose to go to a party that night, but after stopping to visit with his parents who just got home from Sturgis, our old bones were ready for bed.

The rest of this week has been pretty uneventful. I did close the daycare today due to lack of sleep last night. Lexi apparently came down with something and was vomiting most of the night and most of the day today. We spent our night on the couch and got very little sleep; so I decided that it probably wasn't the best idea to have a house full of kids on zero sleep plus Lexi running to the bathroom puking. She did finally fall alseep around 11:00 and slept for about 2 hours or so, woke up and soaked in the tub and has been doing much better since - thank goodness! Tomorrow will be an early day for the daycare anyway since we have our BIG appointment tomorrow afternoon to hopefully find out what the baby is! For those of you that want to be surprised, I won't put 'boy' or 'girl' in the title of the post, but something like 'Sonogram results' and then you all can decide for yourself if you want to read on and find out. :o)

No comments: