Thursday, January 12, 2012

Inspired....

I love feeling inspired! Sometimes I'm inspired by certain things that I read, see or hear or simply by things that others do.

This past Sunday, I was inspired by Pastor Donna's sermon at church. She was talking about how God doesn't require us to pass some sort of "test" in order to be a follower - he simply wants us to be open-minded to what it is that he's preaching. We all make mistakes, we're all out there "searching" at one time or another in our lives and our job is to be the best person we can be! God doesn't expect perfection from us - he just expects us to give him our best. I feel like I need something to hang on a wall in every room of my house reminding me to "be the best person you can be". It's so easy to fall into that hole of negativity where I'm judging everything and everyone or letting the smallest things make me angry. I don't like being like that!  Tonight, for example, Travis gets home and asks me why I'm so grumpy. I just flat out told him that I didn't have a reason to be grumpy.  I just was! How silly is that? That's certainly not being the best person I can be. So I somehow need a constant reminder to be the best person I can be or basically to be more like my mom - she is always being the best person she could be, in my opinion!

Another moment of inspiration has to do with my preschool. I find myself getting very frustrated with the fact that I'm waiting on DCFS to give me the thumbs up. I also find myself still dwelling on the negative reactions I received from past daycare parents when I made my announcement (something I REALLY wish I could move past).  But when I stop and think about what it is that I'm building, the fantastic school that I'm going to be providing families, the fun learning that will be happening - I can't help but be inspired by myself! I also have to admit that receiving totally random phone calls or emails from people inquiring about my preschool is TOTALLY inspiring! That tells me that even though I'm unable to advertise right now, it's still getting talked about. That's definitely a good thing!! I've even started a waiting list for little ones that are not yet old enough to attend preschool but their parents want to make sure they get a spot for when they are - now that's a great feeling!!

Finally, I'm catching up on some blogs that I've lost track of for awhile. One in particular has always been enjoyable to read and I spent a good hour tonight just catching up on her life. She writes so effortlessly and with such ease that it makes reading her blog a true joy. I love how she can keep her blog entries focused on one main topic or at least make her seperate thoughts somehow tie back to that topic. Mine are always all over the place and more or less a re-cap of my day or the past few days. I suppose if I would write more regularly, then I'd be able to write about specific topics. This particular blog writer is also so very open and honest - she has no problems discussing her fears, her downfalls, things she wishes she were better at. I love that too. I struggle with those that are one way online (or on paper) and then act completely different in person or behind closed doors. Be true to yourself! Either people will love you or they won't - that's what I try to tell myself. I'm a natural people-pleaser so I struggle with being honest about my thoughts. I'm great at hiding what it is that I'm really thinking so that I don't get into an argument or tense conversation with someone. Plus Travis says that I talk too much and talk in circles when I'm trying to make my point! Darn him....so now I'm always paranoid about that too and try to talk less and in triangles when in an argument. LOL - that was a totally dumb joke. Sorry.

Anyway - here's to what will hopefully not be my one and only blog posting that actually focused on ONE topic! I'm heading over to Pinterest (just a warning: it's addicting!) to see what else I can be inspired by....


4 comments:

Mel said...

Great blog, Heather!! Very inspiring. I need to remind myself to be the best person I can be too :) It seems like it would be a simple thing to do, but I easily forget. I'm happy to see your blogs again!

Mel said...

Ok, so obviously I have no idea how to leave comments on a blog! LOL!!

Julie S. said...

What a great post of reminders! I too, need to remember that my best is my best and tomorrow is a new day.

Ahh, pinterest. SO addicting.

dpflager said...

Who is your Mom?