Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Darn dentist!

Sooooo.....the kids and I got our teeth cleaned yesterday.  Kiegan - who in my opinion doesn't brush his teeth NEAR as well as I think he should - went first and came out with zero cavities. He was sort of bummed to learn that he still has two baby teeth (molars) to lose before he can get braces.  Yes, the ding-dong WANTS braces! I decided to go second to get it done and over with. Maddie wanted to watch so Lexi came back into the room with her and they sat in the chair next to me and watched.  Thankfully, I have zero cavities BUT I have stress fractures in my teeth from clinching them when I'm stressed out. You think I can sue those daycare parents that were so nasty to me and DCFS for causing me so much stress that I ended up cracking my teeth?!  No????  Darn......  So that's what I'm dealing with right now. BOO. Lexi had her teeth cleaned after me and she also had zero cavities, but her gums are pretty sensitive from having braces so she has to do warm salt water rinses and floss more to toughen her gums up.  Last but not least it was Maddie's turn! This was her second time getting her teeth cleaned and I wasn't real convinced that she'd be cooperative because...well....she was just being uncooperative that day as it was!  She surprised the heck out of all of us by hopping right up in that chair, holding her hand out to me to hold it and letting Nancee not only clean her teeth but polish them as well (something she didn't let happen the first time)! I was SO glad!! Nancee said that she probably had the most well polished teeth she's seen on any three-year old. I told her that I was pretty sure it was because the girl brushes her teeth multiple times a day. Maddie even let Dr. Handler come in and check things over without a fuss and walked out with a new Spongebob Squarepants toothbrush!  Overall, it was a cavity-free appointment but I'm the lucky winner of some fabulous stress fractures.  Yay. I haven't had any work done since 2005 so I'm bummed.  :o(  The funny thing is that now that I know I have cracked teeth, I'm extremely cautious about things. I think I slept with my mouth hanging open the entire night last night because I know for a fact that I have a habit of lying awake in bed, stressing about things and then falling asleep with my jaw clinched shut. So my throat was REALLY dry this morning!

I received yet another phone call tonight from a parent wanting to be put on my waiting list for fall classes. SO EXCITING!!  I also finally have quite a few of the items I needed to make a bunch of stuff for the preschool so I will be busy tomorrow! I was able to make my flannel board tonight so that's checked off the list. I also received a text message that the coffee table I ordered from Walmart is ready for pick-up. It was just over $20 and Travis is going to cut (hopefully) two holes in it for me to put a couple of buckets in to use as a sensory table. I was planning on bringing my sand/water table in to use, but it's SO big! This coffee table sits nice and low and is a good size for a couple of kids to play at. I have a LIST of different sensory tubs that I plan to use in it to go with our different themes/holidays. I'm sure it'll be a favorite play spot! I'm still waiting for my laminator to arrive - once I get a bunch of stuff laminated, I can put them up on the wall and the room will really start to come together. By the end of the day tomorrow, I'm hoping to have LOTS checked off my list! Cross your fingers that a certain little girl is cooperative!!

Till next time!  :o)

1 comment:

Julie S. said...

That is awesome that you have a waiting list! :) How great! Sorry about your teeth... :( Brandon grinds his and is supposed to wear a retainer at night. Ugh.