Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Productive day!

I love days that I get lots done! Maddie & I got up around 8:15 or so, ate breakfast, gave Bruiser a bath and went outside to do chores since Lexi's visiting her dad (his family is back in IL for the holidays) and Kiegan spent the night at my mom's. Talk about a little girl who is VERY serious about her choring! She's apparently watched Lexi & Kiegan do the chores more times than I realize. She went right on in and gave the rabbits each a scoop of food (I think she actually gave John an extra scoop which he won't mind b/c he likes to eat). The goats were SOOOOO loud, especially Miss Lucy! So we quickly broke up a flake of hay to give them. Of course the hose was frozen so we had to tromp all the way back into the house to fill up the water bucket. Maddie dipped the rabbits bowls into the bucket for me to fill them up and then I dumped the rest into the goat's water bowl. Of course the whole time we were out there, we were talking to the goats b/c that's what you have to do! Just ask my mom....

I've also hauled everything daycare related down to the basement and have started setting things up for the preschool. I really, really need the tables/chairs in the room so that I can decide exactly where I want things. Kiegan & I thought we could get the tables in the house ourselves, but that was quite the task! First, we had to move Travis' plow out of the way which weighed 500 pounds (or at least it felt like it did) and then it took everything we had to drag those tables out. We ended up just leaning them against the side of the house b/c there was no way we were going to get them up the steps and into the room. Of course when Travis got home, he was able to lift the tables right up and carry them on into the house. Dang he's strong! I thought I'd have a hard time getting toys packed away and down into the basement with Maddie in the same room, but I'd just get her busy doing something else (she's convinced that she has big muscles and big arms like Daddy) and I was good to go! I was able to wipe down and clean off all of the little chairs today too. Tomorrow I can hopefully get the tables wiped down and situated where I think I want them and then MAYBE start bringing up all my tubs of craft stuff and organizing my awesomely large cabinet. I'm worried that I don't have enough small organizing containers to put stuff into, but I guess we'll see! I also have tons of stuff to put up onto the walls too. A couple months back I started putting together a list of things that I needed to buy and/or make for the preschool. It's become ridiculously long - I'm hoping to tackle some of that list soon too! I'm hoping that I can make most of the stuff on the list myself to save on money - we'll see how crafty I can be!

For some reason I can't send pictures from my phone to my email anymore, but I think my new video camera can take pictures! So I might try to see how that works tomorrow and start posting some pictures of my progress. Pictures are more fun than words anyway, right?

Well, Travis looks like he's having a lot of fun helping Maddie pick up the huge mess of M&M's she just spilled all over. Of course Maddie's yelling at him, "NO! Mommy do it!!" She doesn't want anybody but me to do anything for her and it drives me crazy sometimes! There are moments that I'd like to sit for more than 5 minutes before someone hollers at me to get them something or do something for them. You'd think she'd get tired of me considering that she's stuck at home with me every day, but I guess not!

No comments: