Friday, December 30, 2011

One more Christmas checked off the list!

Ok so currently Travis is hiding on the stairs and whipping things at the boys in their bedroom, LOL. I could hear all sorts of commotion going on and I assumed Lexi and the boys were fighting so I went tearing around the corner to find Travis all hunched down and shoosh'ing me. Boys will be boys!

We were able to scratch another Christmas off our list so that just leaves one more! After Travis got off work, we all scarfed down our dinner and headed over to my mom's house to have Christmas with her and JD. The boys received more Lego's and gift cards to Game Stop and Walmart, Lexi received some jewelry and gift cards to Walmart and Maurices, Maddie received some clothes, a puzzle and a super fun and loud keyboard (yay for that one!) plus a few other items, Travis received some gift cards and I received a candle and an attendance chart for the preschool! We gave JD a couple of flannel shirts and my mom dual DVD players for her new vehicle. She said that's the one thing she didn't like about it - it didn't have a DVD player in it. So we took care of that!  They're pretty cool too b/c they can play the same movie or they can each play their own movie.  Fun stuff!!

I was able to get quite a bit done in the preschool room yesterday - I can't help but get excited every time I walk in there! I have quite a few tubs in the basement full of craft stuff that I have yet to haul up, but I did get all of my curriculum/preschool books out of the dining room and organized (and believe me when I say that I have a small library of them). I'm still trying to work out how I want the room to be set up - I have a reading corner figured out and a Circle Time cornered figured out....and that's it! LOL I can't quite figure out how I'm going to handle the Discovery Centers. I plan to have three to four different centers that the kids can visit so as of right now I plan to just have the "stuff" for each center ready to go and then when it comes time I'll set them up in different areas of the room. We'll see! I also need a water table built - I have the tubs, I just need the table built to set them down into. Still lots to do, but I got a good start on things!

Today was a different story b/c I didn't get a darn thing done in the preschool. Instead I ran to town to get a few groceries and then took down all of my Christmas decorations. Lots of trips to the basement! I also took a bunch of my daycare items down there to store until I have a garage sale (who knows when). Now our dining room only has dining room items in it! No more stacks of books, no more baby swing, bouncy seats, etc. Yay!!

Tomorrow's plan is to get Lexi to help me carry tubs up from the basement (which I know she'll just jump at the chance to do!) and work some more in the preschool. I really should finish up my curriculum planning - I've got September thru January done. I have two years of curriculum so as soon as I'm done getting Year One in order, I'll be starting over again to get Year Two planned out. I don't want to repeat the same curriculum year after year b/c I'll have some kiddo's for more than one year and don't want them to experience the same stuff year after year and I also don't want myself to get bored with what/how I'm teaching!

I'm really looking forward to the New Year's Eve party tomorrow night. Hopefully Travis will put his party pants on even though he's fighting a cold b/c this Momma's looking forward to a kid-free evening! I'm gonna have to work on my Cake Vodka concoctions to find just the right one that I want to drink at the P-A-R-T-Y. If I remember last year's party correctly, there was some unicycle riding in the house, Left-Right-Center played and some Karaoke too I think? So who knows that this year will bring!

Of course I can't end this post without mentioning that tomorrow is Maddie's THIRD birthday! She's received a few cards in the mail already and she's been carrying them around with her or in her purse. I went back to my blog entry in January of 2009 where I announced her entry into the world and it brought back all the memories of that day - Travis & I going in for a non-stress test, being told to take some laps around the hospital to try to get myself dialated to a four and coming back from those laps being dialated to a six, Moose arriving in three whopping pushes exactly four hours after my water was broke, and the doctor telling us to save ourselves a few thousand dollars and to do a home birth next time b/c it was so easy. But that's how I roll! Sometimes I think that I would LOVE to have another baby (not that Travis is on the same page of course), but other times I'm glad to be moving out of the baby/toddler stage.  So a big happy birthday tomorrow to Maddie!!

No comments: