Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Is it time to leave yet?

IS IT FRIDAY YET???? We are taking the kids to a Jellystone Park in Amboy this weekend with another couple that we are friends with - the Blaetz's. We are sooooo looking forward to it! My understanding is that the kids can be free to go where they please and do what they want except for the water slides - an adult has to be there to watch them. The swimming pools and water slides are just a few feet away from where our camper will be! I, of course, waited until the last minute to get our meals figured out and planned on running to a grocery store while Kiegan was at his session in Blm. tonight. After talking to Travis and one of my daycare parents, I figured it was probably best to reschedule because I am the LAST person that should be out driving in bad weather! So the girls & I ran into town as soon as the last daycare girl left to get the groceries and got home JUST IN TIME! I think I was in the house for maybe five minutes when all of a sudden the sky looked SUPER scary and the wind was CRAZY. I didn't know where Travis was, but I sent him a message letting him know that it was time to come home. I hate being home along with the kids in bad weather! Thankfully, it seemed to just pass and hopefully there's no more coming as the night goes on. So anyway, we are ready to get away this weekend!

This past weekend was BUSY! Friday night Joanne took the boys to a baseball game in Blm. Travis was at the same game, but his cousin was able to get tickets up in the VIP box so he was sittin' pretty while watching the game! The girls & I had the night to ourselves and of course some AWESOME weather came through so there was some quiet panicking on my end for awhile. Maddie had Kindermusik Saturday morning and then my mom brought the boys to me when it was over. She took Maddie and I took the older three to Blm. to see Toy Story 3 in 3D - I LOVE 3D movies!! I have to admit that at one point in the movie, I was getting a bit teary-eyed which is odd to do while watching a cartoon movie. Travis had a golf outing and then he went to the races while Lexi spent the night at my mom's after the movie. Sunday morning there was a 9:00 Mass for John, then breakfast with the whole family which we quickly ate and left so that a little girl could get home and take a nap - she was a real treat that morning! Later on we went down to Joanne's for dinner. Travis & the kids all rode their 4-wheelers/go-carts down there while Maddie & I came in the van. After we ate, our crew rode around Joanne's yard and Maddie rode with Travis on his 4-wheeler and then with Lexi on her go-cart for the longest time. She LOVES going for rides! Travis then showed me the fork lift so I took it out for a cruise - it's pretty fun to drive! Then next thing we know it's Monday again.....

Lexi was suppose to get the next step of her braces this past Tuesday, but the dentist's office called and rescheduled it....again. So now she doesn't go back until July 20th!! Does anybody want to break this news to my ex-husband for me??? He is going to be THRILLED to hear this and I'm sure he'll assume that for whatever crazy reason I'm rescheduling her appt. on purpose.

No comments: