Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Update....

I started this post like a month ago and never published it:

Where has the time gone?? I swear I have a to-do list a mile long and every day I tell myself that I'm going to work on it during quiet time, but I end up snuggling with Maddie instead b/c she's more fun!



Speaking of Maddie, she had her 4-month appt. last Friday and....(drum roll please)....she's weighing in at 16 lbs. 15 1/2 oz. and has grown another inch and a half (27 1/2 inches long)! We are now in our 6-9 and 9-month clothes. The rolls on her legs are awesome - I love them! She did roll over the other day - twice in a row, but it must not have been that much fun for her b/c she hasn't done it since. I was telling the doctor at her appt. how many bottles a day she was taking and that she hated the rice cereal so he gave us the go ahead to start her on fruits and veggies! It's quite a slow process, but she does pretty well. So far she's had peas, sweet potatoes and this morning we tried peaches which did NOT go over well, but we'll try them again later. She also got 3 shots that day which obviously she did not enjoy, but she survived! The doctor said that we probably couldn't have created a more perfect baby and of course we agree. I'm still trying to convince Travis that we should at least TRY to see if we can have another one that's more perfect than her, but I haven't convinced him yet. She friggin' rocks though....



Kiegan and Patrick have both started playing baseball. Patricks Pee Wee practices have just started and Kiegan had his first Peanut game last night. He's so funny to watch b/c he smiles the ENTIRE time (even though his team lost) and every time he goes out to bat he looks at Travis for a word of encouragement. The poor kid's certainly not the most athletic, but he has a good time!



Lexi's Brownies have ended and she's just busy wrapping up 5th grade. I did tell the both of them that they would be having tutors over the summer. A high school teacher volunteered to tutor Kiegan which is perfect b/c she's aware of his learning issues and all. And I found a high school girl for Lexi that I think will be great - she works at the Boys & Girls Club and is a youth leader at her church so she sounds like she'll be a positive role model/peer for Lexi.

1 comment:

Laura Roethle said...

I just looked to see how big Kaelynn was at 4 months because she is tall for her age and she was only 25.5 inches tall (which was in the 90th percentile). Maddie is 2 inches taller!!!