Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!

What a BEAUTIFUL day it is today! I'm hoping to get all the kids outside to play. We all have on our head bopper headbands with clovers on them - check out our picture below! I love Oriental Trading - they have really cute (and cheap!) stuff. I was able to get a dozen bopper headbands, a dozen pots of gold plus a bag of chocolate coins to put in them, a dozen little green mugs and a dozen tissue paper clovers for the kids to make for about $25 - not bad! Miss Maddie has on her St. Patty's Day outfit too which of course is totally cute. :o) I always talk about how our cat Haley is Irish (not really sure why I do) and it drives Travis crazy. So last night I told him to make sure he tells Haley "Happy Irish Day" when he got up this morning - he basically told me I was a weirdo, but he used words that I can't really share with you all to communicate that to me.
Our weekend was pretty good!

Tracy and her kids came home for a bit on Saturday so we all ran in town to the DQ for a treat from Grandma Joanne - good stuff! Grandma also bought the kids each a kite - it was perfect weather for kite flying!! Oh and Lexi got her ears pierced too - this is like the 3rd or 4th time now so we'll see if it lasts.

Now that Kiegan's signed up for baseball, we've been trying to practice with him so the boys & I went to the backyard later Saturday afternoon to hit some balls around. We need to buy Patrick his own bat & glove I think - Kiegan's bat is way too heavy for his poor skinny arms and the gloves we have are about as big as he is! So he didn't play with us for very long. :o(

We had our family pictures taken on Sunday - they turned out good. Of course I don't like how I look in them, but what's new? I was so irritated too b/c when I got ready that morning I really thought I looked nice - I liked my hair and my makeup - I really felt good! But then when we saw our pictures afterwards, I looked like crap - a big FAT pile of crap. The others looked good though! Maddie wasn't really smiling much in it, but she's cute even when she doesn't smile. We did get some pics of just her by herself and they turned out really cute - we could have gone crazy buying the different poses, but we controlled ourself. Pictures are so expensive! And of course their computer server went down so I can't even send you all to their website to view them. They said that they might have their server back up in 2-3 weeks. Anyway, we can pick our pictures up on the 24th so I'll try to scan them and put them on here for everyone to see.

Travis' dad gave him a welder over the weekend and Travis just loves it! He welded a hook thing on a post to hang my bird feeder on and he welded a broken sign of mine back together for me - he's so crafty with his new toy! Saturday is Flanagan's town "junk sale" as I like to call it and he's hoping to find a bunch of junk that he can weld together and make it look like new again. That could be interesting! Another "to do" for his list......he still hasn't finished our bathroom! He has also mentioned that he would like to buy some fence and posts and fence off the play area in the backyard for the daycare kids - I would love for him to do that! So we'll see how long this task takes to get done. :o)

The countdown is on for our weekend at Grand Bear Lodge! We leave two weeks from this Friday. The kids are VERY excited! Grandma Joanne told the kids that they didn't need to bring their Nintendo DS that weekend and I honestly think Kiegan went into a panic about that. Then she said that they could bring them for the ride there and that seemed to be ok. These boys of ours are game freaks - they will sit for hours on end playing either the Wii or their Nintendo DS. Reminds me of how I was when I was their age!

I'm sure you all know what a genius Maddie is going to be simply b/c she has me for a mom, right? Well, she is already showing how smart she is! A few weeks back I was putting her PJ's on her getting ready for bed and all of a sudden, loud and clear she says "HI!". Travis & I looked at each other and then looked at her and said "Hi" back and then busted out laughing. We thought for sure that was just a one-time thing, but I guess when she stayed with Grandma Joanne and Grandpa John she said it again and they both heard it! AND one night when Grandma Joanne was at our house visiting, Maddie counted to four on her fingers! FOR REAL! One at a time she held up her fingers until she counted to four. It was so funny....she is definitely "talking" more to us and I've even found her tickle spot and can get a giggle out of her every now and then, but I feel bad tickling her so I don't do it very often. I know I hate being tickled and I'm able to fend it off, but she can't! Oh yeah - our long-legged brunette is now wearing size 6-month clothes. A few of her 3-6 month clothes still fit her, but we're mostly pulling out of the 6-month pile now.

That's all for now - enjoy the pics!





I love the little fat rolls on the thighs....


Soooo looooong!


Yep - I'm cute!


Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Very serious moment....


Yes, that's drool.....


HELLO!


This is what she does with her hands when she's eating - balls them up into tight little fists!




3 comments:

Laura Roethle said...

Maddie is so cute! When Kaelynn started "talking" she would say hi too. It was so clear even though she didn't know what she was saying. Now she has moved on to da da da da. She was doing that when she woke up in the middle of the night last night so I told Sean he had to feed her because she was calling him!

The Meier Family said...

Too cute! Maddie looks good in green! Can't wait to see your family pics,and I'm sure you look fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Heather-- I know Mom would love to have a photo of you all!
I show her the ones on the computer, but she is so phobic about PC's, she just doesn't like to be around them. Love you, /Leslie