Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Long-legged Brunette!

Our first two weeks with Maddie have been going perfectly! She is such a GOOD baby and is already sleeping great at night - only waking up once or twice. Can't complain about that! She had her 2-week doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon and I was anxious to see how long she was because she's already out-growing a lot of her 0-3 month outfits and her toes are reaching the end of some of her sleep sacks when she stretches. Sure enough - she's grown 2 inches since birth and is measuring 22-inches long which puts her in the 90th percentile for her height and she's an even 9 pounds (gaining 14-ounces since her appt. last week!) which puts her in the 75th percentile for weight. So we have ourselves a long-legged brunette! The doctor also got quite a kick out of her when he asked her to open her mouth so he could check things out in there and sure enough - she did. :o) She's a genius already!! Overall, she's doing fantastic and the doctor said that she has a more "mature" look about her than most 2-week old babies. I'm sure when she's a teenager we won't be real thrilled about her looking more mature than other girls her age!

Last Saturday night we went to G&G Wunderlin's for supper to celebrate grandpa's birthday and Travis' (which was Sunday). Maddie slept pretty much the entire time we were there and wasn't even bothered when being passed from person to person. So I don't think I have to worry about the daycare noises bothering her at all!

Lexi, Kiegan and Patrick are all doing great too! I need to get a picture of each of them holding Maddie to put on here - hopefully this weekend I'll remember to do that. I think we're finally going to get to have Christmas with my parents this weekend too - nothing like still celebrating Christmas in the middle of January! Kiegan has decided to play basketball at the Boys & Girl's Club - his first practice was this past Saturday and he did great! Travis did end up ordering him a pair of basketball shoes - his regular tennis shoes apparently have no traction on the gym floor because he kept sliding around when he'd try to stop and shoot a basket. His next practice is tonight and his first game is on Saturday. Lexi has also decided to play volleyball at the Boys & Girl's Club! She has volleyball clinic every day next week after school and then her games will start in February. We're glad that the kids are getting more active!!

I busted out my Wii Fit the other day and despite the fact that I only have about 1 more pound to lose before I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight, I am considerably overweight for my age & height. Not that I was surprised by that! And my Wii Fit age is 41 years which is also not surprising considering the fact that I don't exercise AT ALL. Kiegan also made a profile for himself and he is considered obese for his age and height which we all knew he was getting too chunky and his Wii Fit age is 22 years old! Lexi really wasn't too bad - she is overweight for her age, but her Wii Fit age is 13 years. Travis attempted to make a profile for himself, but the Wii Fit board's scale apparently doesn't go beyond 300 pounds. It's been fun doing the different exercises and getting lectured by the game when we go too many days between exercising - you can't help but laugh!

That's all for now - enjoy the pics below!


Here is a shot during "tummy time" of all of the hair she has:

See that pouty bottom lip? Daddy says that's what will get me anything I want from him!

Doing what I do best....sleeping.....

4 comments:

The Meier Family said...

TOO CUTE!

Laura Roethle said...

Sounds like she is built like Kaelynn. At her last appt she was 90% on height and 75% on weight!!! I love the pictures!

The McAfee's said...

She is so adorable. We got out our Wii Fit and I was 44 but I lost 20 years by the end of the night. It is a lot of fun though. Hope all is well. Give the kids hugs and kisses for us.

The Meier's said...

Your little one is so precious. I am glad that everything is going well. The pictures are great!