Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday, Monday....

This past weekend went a lot better than I thought it would considering that Lexi left for a month! Friday night Travis went & stayed in the camper at the race track so I thought it'd be the perfect opportunity for Lexi & I to head out to dinner and get our nails done. My mom was taking Kiegan to Blm. for me and went ahead and took Maddie with her too. I told Lexi she could pick anywhere in town to eat (hoping that she wouldn't pick a fast-food joint) and she chose Bernardi's - perfect! It was pretty packed when we got there around 5:30-ish or so, but we didn't have to wait for a seat so that was nice. After dinner, Lexi was wanting to get her nails done. Now I'll admit that I'm not one that enjoys that kind of stuff as much as most girls do, especially when I can't understand what the person is saying that's doing my nails. That makes me SUPER uncomfortable! But I told myself to toughen up and we hit up the nail place....we were able to get right in and I just had them do a simple polish on me, but Lexi of course wanted a French manicure and then a design on her nails. They turned out SOOO cute! I let the older two stay up a bit later than usual since I knew Lexi was leaving sometime Saturday and apparently sometime in the night, Lexi went into Kiegan's room and climbed in bed with him. Warms my heart to see that considering the fact that they are fighting 95% of the time!

Saturday was Maddie's last Kindermusik class - she did great! I think I've decided to not sign her up for the fall session....I could change my mind by that time, but as of now I'm not going to. After her class was over, I dropped Lexi off with her dad who got to Pontiac sometime Friday. I took Kiegan to Family Video so he could rent some Wii games and then we headed home. I think Kiegan is already enjoying his Lexi-free time! Travis was spending the afternoon/evening at the race track for Summer Nationals so when supper time came around, I got to thinking how much I missed Joe's Stationhouse breadsticks. We don't usually order from there b/c Travis doesn't like them much and I'm all about keeping my hubby happy!! So I took advantage of the situation and ordered us some Joe's. It was sooooo good, but it irritated the heck out of me when I opened the box of breadsticks and half of them slid out onto the floor!! For some reason I couldn't get myself to go to bed that night - I was working on my Circle Time plans for the week so it was about 11:30 or so when I finally went upstairs. Then about half an hour later I received a text message on my phone from Lexi that they were leaving for Georgia. At midnight?! So then I couldn't sleep at all knowing she was on the road and not knowing if her dad was driving on zero sleep or what the deal was. So Sunday came too soon.....BUT I got sooo much done on Sunday! Travis came home with the camper around 9:00-ish or so and I cooked him some breakfast. Then he had to get ready and head to Champaign to help his Aunt Peggy move some stuff from her old house to her new house and to my surprise, he was taking Maddie with him! I wasn't so sure what to think about it at first b/c I knew he was going to be busy moving stuff, but I wasn't about to tell him 'no' either. As bad as it probably sounds, it was nice to have that time without her b/c I was able to get so many things accomplished! I love days when I am able to check lots of stuff off of my to-do list. Of course I was happy to see them come back home. :o) I missed Travis all weekend but I know how much he loves his races and was glad to see that he had such a great time at the track! I had been texting Lexi off/on all day and they did finally make it to Georgia around 5:30 Sunday evening.

Now we're onto a new week.....I started this post on Monday and now it's Tuesday! Kiegan has to go to Blm. four nights this week and I decided to take Maddie to the Sears Portrait Studio last night for 18-month pics (b/c I'm TERRIBLE at getting pictures of my kids taken). Well, of course Maddie didn't take a nap all day so she fell asleep right away in the van and was not a very fun person when we got to Sears. The lady trying to take her picture was nice, but kept trying to move Maddie into certain positions and Maddie wanted no part of this stranger touching her. So I tried moving her around, but when I'd get up to walk away she'd come running over to me! We got a couple of cute smiles out of her, but her hair wasn't cooperating. She has yet to have her first haircut so I just put to piggies in, but when the lady would take her picture all you could see was one piggy so it looked like she had a horn sticking out of her head! The lady was nice enough to let us come back next Monday to try again. I think I'm going to try to get Maddie's hair cut - at least around her face - before Monday rolls around so that I hopefully don't have to worry about piggies at all! Travis is not so hip on the haircut idea though...so we'll see!

It sounds like we're going camping this weekend at Clinton Lake with the Blaetz's so I need to get meals and stuff planned for that. I love going camping with good friends!! They're laid back like we are so it always makes for a good time. :o)

No comments: